Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Angry Letter

Dear School,
            Oh, the issues I have with you. I suppose maybe I should address this to specific departments but in the interest of preserving ones feelings, I’ll keep it general. What is wrong with you? What do you think I am, a robot? I have a social life, I have feelings, I have responsibilities that do not pertain to school and, in my point of view, are far more important than the truck loads of work you decide to dump on us. I’ll admit, this year I have it somewhat easy, my classes aren’t as hard as they have been in the past, but you have made me dread the idea of learning. I despise the thought of waking up in the morning to come to this god forsaken place, so much so that I stay up into the late hours of the night, just to put off waking up, how sad. But do you care? No, of course not, this place is designed to feel like a prison, or so you have made it seem. I wake up at 6:45 to rush around my house and get everything in order for my day ahead of me, only to walk outside to watch one of your buses drive right past me, leaving me to inconvenience my step mother and make her drive me to school, all the while getting an ear full the entire ride there. Then I walk in, starving because I didn’t have time to eat breakfast but I, alas, cannot afford your breakfast “sandwiches” and disgusting whole grain poptarts because I need to save my money for your over-priced, under-portioned meals. I owe you $116 for lunch, do you think maybe after $80 you’d ask why? Maybe I can’t afford the lunch, maybe my step mother refuses to go shopping for weeks so we have no good food, but is that any concern to you? No, of course not, because that’s money in your pocket. Then I am forced to carry on through your pointless classes, with teachers who usually have no idea what they’re talking about, and oppress the creative minds of their students. With an exception of about four or five teachers, your school system is a vice, squeezing out individuality and creativity from the minds of these adolescents whom you are supposed to “sculpt”. I’m sick of the favoritism amongst students also. Why is it that the handbook was greatly enforced when I’m getting in trouble, but when a star athlete of yours gets in trouble, there punishment is made less severe. Its absolutely outrageous. And how about you give a little gratitude to the art students for once? Considering we work just as hard, and are able to create masterpieces, but we don’t bring home trophies or banners so our value isn’t as great. Just let us express ourselves throughout the school, that’s all we desire is to leave a little piece of us behind, because teachers like Mrs. Lewicki made us into the artists we are today. But no, you want a “clean” school, so our artwork is pushed to the side and we are left to cling to the shadows and make way for the “sports stars” as always.
            Well I, for one, am sick of it. I want things to change around here. I want more independence, I want more expression and more individuality. I want to go home and not have to force school completely out of my mind in order to stay in a positive state of mind and prevent myself from worrying about all the stresses that this place brings with it. In all honesty, I just want to enjoy learning again.

                                                                                                Thanks for ruining education for me,                                                                                                             Brooklynn Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment